All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses complex traumatic stress disorders. This book offers practical guidelines for conceptualization and treatment.
- Author BiographyChristine A. Courtois, PhD, ABPP, a counseling psychologist in private practice in Washington, DC, is National Clinical Training Director of Elements Behavioral Health; cofounder and past Clinical and Training Director of The CENTER: Posttraumatic Disorders Program, in Washington, DC; chair of the Guideline Development Panel for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder of the American Psychological Association (APA); past president of APA Division 56 (Trauma Psychology); and past founding Associate Editor of the Division's journal, Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. She is a recipient of the Outstanding Contributions to Professional Practice Award from APA Division 56, the APA Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Psychology as a Professional Practice, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), and the Sarah Haley Award for Clinical Excellence from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ISTSS), among other honors. She is coauthor (with Julian D. Ford) of Treatment of Complex Trauma: A Sequenced, Relationship-Based Approach, and has also published several other books and numerous chapters and articles on trauma-related topics. Julian D. Ford, PhD, a clinical psychologist, is Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Law at the University of Connecticut, where he is also Director of the Center for Trauma Recovery and Juvenile Justice. He has served on the Steering Committee of the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, as Associate Editor of the Journal of Trauma and Dissociation and the European Journal of Psychotraumatology, as Co-Chair of the Presidential Task Force on Child Trauma for APA Division 56, and as a board member and Vice President of ISTSS, and has published several other books on trauma-related topics. Dr. Ford developed and conducts research on the Trauma Affect Regulation: Guide for Education and Therapy (TARGET) psychosocial intervention for adolescents, adults, and families. Dr. Ford and Dr. Courtois were awarded the Print Media Award from ISSTD for this volume.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/03/2009
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight990 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byChristine A. Courtois,Julian D. Ford
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.