Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Candice M. Monson,Philippe Shnaider
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleConcise Guides on Trauma Care
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Author BiographyCandice M. Monson , PhD, is a professor of psychology and director of clinical training at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is also an Affiliate of the Women's Health Sciences Division of the U.S. VA National Center for PTSD, where she previously served as deputy director. Dr. Monson is one of the foremost experts on traumatic stress and the use of individual and conjoint therapies to treat PTSD. She has published extensively on the development, evaluation, and dissemination of PTSD treatments more generally, as well as gender differences in violence perpetration and victimization. She has been funded by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, National Institute of Mental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Defense, and Canadian Institutes of Health for her research on interpersonal factors in traumatization and couple-based interventions for PTSD. She is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association. She co-authored Cognitive Processing Therapy: Veteran/Military Version and is the original developer of cognitiveubehavioral conjoint therapy for PTSD. Dr. Monson is well-known for her efforts in training clinicians in evidence-based interventions for PTSD. Philippe Shnaider , MA, is a graduate student in the department of psychology at Ryerson University, Canada. His research focuses on examining the associations between PTSD, intimate relationships, and partners' psychological functioning, as well as how these factors change in individual- and couple-based interventions. Additionally, his research examines the associations between impairments in specific domains of psychosocial functioning and PTSD symptom clusters, with a focus on how changes in these variables occur with treatment. His clinical interests include the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorders, as well using couple-based interventions to treat individual mental health conditions. He is also involved in efforts to disseminate empirically based treatments for PTSD among front-line clinicians.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.93
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.