All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleInterviews with Global Leaders in Policing,Courts, and Prisons
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDavid Lowe,Dilip K. Das
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsAfrica Ghana: Ghanaian Judicial System; Gerald Dapaah Gyamfi and Brian S. Akrong Nigeria: Judicial System of Ebonyi State, Nigeria; Oko Elechi and Smart E. Otu Asia and Australasia Australia: Australian Criminal Justice System; Jane Delahunty and Tracy Green Australia: Interview with the Honourable James Wood AO QC, New South Wales Supreme Court Judge; Jane Delahunty Hong Kong: Hong Kong Legal System; Alison Lui New Zealand: New Zealand Legal System; Emma Davies Europe Serbia: Serbian Legal System; Branislav Simonovic Slovakia: Slovakian Legal System; Pavol Kopinec United Kingdom: UK Legal System; David Lowe United Kingdom: Interview with His Honor David Harris QC, District Court Judge; Anna Carline and Clare Gunby United Kingdom: Interview with Recorder Leslie Cuthbert (Fee-Paid Judge Specialized in Criminal Law), England's South Eastern Circuit; Gavin Oxburgh North America United States: U.S. Legal System; Peter C. Kratcoski, Blake M. Randol, and Lauren M. Block United States: U.S. Legal System; Blake M. Randol and Lauren M. Block United States: Interview with Judge Anthony Rex Gabbert, Appellate Judge, Western District of State of Missouri; Michael T. Eskey and Michael T. Eskey Jr. United States: Interview with Chief Judge Elizabeth Robb, Judicial Circuit of Illinois; Cara Rabe-Hemp Conclusion References Appendix A Appendix B Appendix C Appendix D IPES Board of Directors IPES Institutional Supporters
- Author BiographyDavid Lowe is a principal lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University's Law School. Prior to academia, he was a police officer for 27 years with the UK Merseyside Police. Most of his service was as a detective in the United Kingdom's Special Branch Counter-Terrorism Unit. His work in the area of policing, terrorism, and security has been published in books and journals, including his latest work, Examining Political Violence: Studies in Terrorism, Counterterrorism and Internal War. He also appears regularly in television, radio, and print media in the United Kingdom, the rest of Europe, and the United States for commentary in these areas. Dilip K. Das is a professor of criminal justice, former police chief, founding editor in chief of Police Practice and Research: An International Journal, and a human rights consultant to the United Nations. After serving in the Indian Police Service for 14 years, he moved to the United States, where he later became the founding president of the International Police Executive Symposium and the founding editor of Police Practice and Research: An International Journal. He has authored, edited, and coedited more than 30 books and numerous articles, has received several faculty excellence awards, and was a Distinguished Faculty Lecturer. He is also a human rights consultant to the United Nations.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.