All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.41Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £8.89
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe phenomenal growth in Internet traffic has lead to a huge increase in demand for data transmission capacity on a worldwide level. As a result, wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) technology emerged, which makes it possible to transmit a large number of optical channels on a single optical fiber.
- Author BiographyJENS BUUS, PhD, is a fellow of the IEEE whose research has made numerous contributions to the understanding of the properties of semiconductor lasers and optical waveguides. He holds five patents and has written two earlier books. A popular speaker, Dr. Buus has presented tutorials and short courses at major conferences, including: ECOC, OFC, EFOC, and the IEEE International Semiconductor Laser Conference. MARKUS-CHRISTIAN AMANN, PhD, is Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Walter Schottky Institute of the Technical University of Munich, Germany. In addition to over 200 publications, conference papers and book chapters, he is a frequent tutorial speaker and short-course presenter on semiconductor lasers, and has served on numerous conference committees such as CLEO, IEEE Semiconductor Laser Conference, IEEE LEOS annual meeting, ECIO and APOC. His present research areas are wavelength-tunable laser diodes, long-wavelength surface-emitting lasers, and microwave semiconductors. DANIEL J. BLUMENTHAL, PhD, is Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of California at Santa Barbara. In addition to being a Fellow of the IEEE/LEOS and member of the OSA, Professor Blumenthal is also an associate editor for IEEE Photonics Technology Letters and has served as associate and guest editor for several other IEEE publications. Along with publishing several hundred journal articles, conference presentations, magazine articles, and book chapters, he has served as chairman or on the organizing committees of numerous conferences, including OFC, ECOC, OSA Topical Meeting on Photonics in Switching and CLEO. Professor Blumenthal's current research areas include optical wavelength conversion and regeneration, optical packet switching and photonic integration.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Blumenthal,Jens Buus,Markus-Christian Amann
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2005
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.