All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.06Trending at £9.29
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis diverse collection of empirical and conceptual studies illuminates particular aspects of the teaching of Bible and rabbinic literature to children and adults. In addition to providing specific insights into the pedagogy of Jewish texts, these studies serve as models of what the disciplined study of pedagogy can look like.
- Author BiographyJon A. Levisohn is an associate professor of Jewish Education in the Department of Near Eastern & Judaic Studies at Brandeis, as well as the Assistant Academic Director of the Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education. He holds a doctorate from Stanford University and is an alumnus of the Wexner Graduate Fellowship program, and is the author of The Interpretive Virtues: A Philosophical Enquiry into the Teaching and Learning of Historical Narratives (Wiley-Blackwell, 2013). Other recent work has appeared in Diaspora and Indigenous Minority Education (DIME), the Journal of Philosophy of Education, and the Journal of Jewish Education. Susan P. Fendrick is an editor, editorial consultant, and teacher of adult Jewish education. She received rabbinic ordination from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, and is an alumna of the Wexner Graduate Fellowship program. Her writing has appeared in The Women's Torah Commentary and The Women's Haftarah Commentary, The Women's Seder Sourcebook, the haggadah A Night of Questions, the journals Sh'ma and Living Text, as well as numerous online publications. She previously served as Senior Research Associate at the Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education at Brandeis University.
- Author(s)Jon A. Levisohn,Susan P. Fendrick
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleJewish Identity in Post-Modern Society
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.