All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.66
- £15.72Trending at £18.12
- £16.94Trending at £24.65
- £17.29Trending at £28.12
- £23.97Trending at £26.11
- £23.56Trending at £40.17
- £11.91Trending at £20.08
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/06/2005
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Mathematics/Mathematical Biosciences Subseries
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1867
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note71 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Introduction.- Basic Concept of Ca2+ Signaling in Cells and Tissues (M. J. Sanderson).- Modeling IP-3-Dependent Calcium Dynamics in Non-Excitable Cells (J. Sneyd).- Integrated Calcium Management in Cardiac Myocytes (T. R. Shannon).- Mechanisms and Models of Cardiac Excitation-Contraction Coupling (R. L. Winslow, R. Hinch, J. L. Greenstein).- Mathematical Analysis of the Generation of Force and Motion in Contracting Muscle (E. Pate).- Signal Transduction in Vertebrate Olfactory Receptor Cells (J. Reisert).- Mathematical Models of Synaptic Transmission and Short-Term Plasticity (R. Bertram).
- Author BiographyJames Sneyd already published one book with Springer which won a prize for best math book in 1998 (American Association of Publishers). Achi Dosanjh will have copies of any reviews of this book, which have been favourable in general: Mathematical Physiology Series: Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics, Vol. 8 Keener, James, Sneyd, James 1st ed. 1998. Corr. 2nd printing, 2001, XIX, 766 p. 347 illus., Hardcover ISBN: 0-387-98381-3 He is also an author of: S. Camazine, J.-L. Deneubourg, N. Franks, J. Sneyd, Guy Theraulaz, Eric Bonabeau, Self-Organization in Biological Systems, Princeton University Press, 2001. Winner of Best Professional/Scholarly Book in Biological Science (2001), American Association of Publishers. One of Choice's Outstanding Academic Titles for 2002.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.