CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Early Reading
Save on Early Reading
- £5.49Trending at £6.06
- £7.76Trending at £8.01
- £4.44Trending at £5.58
- £8.72Trending at £10.68
- £3.53Trending at £6.99
- £6.50Trending at £7.71
- £7.79Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionAn intricate comedy featuring separated twins, disguises, and impediments to love, Twelfth Night is Shakespeare's farewell to the comedic genre, and what many consider to be his greatest achievement in that mode. This guide to one of Shakespeare's greatest plays contains a selection of the criticism through the centuries on Twelfth Night .
- Author BiographyHarold Bloom is Sterling Professor of the Humanities at Yale University. He is the author of 30 books, including Shelley's Mythmaking, The Visionary Company, Blake's Apocalypse, Yeats, A Map of Misreading, Kabbalah and Criticism, Agon: Toward a Theory of Revisionism, The American Religion, The Western Canon, and Omens of Millennium: The Gnosis of Angels, Dreams, and Resurrection. The Anxiety of Influence sets forth Professor Bloom's provocative theory of the literary relationships between the great writers and their predecessors. His most recent books include Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human, a 1998 National Book Award finalist; How to Read and Why; Genius: A Mosaic of One Hundred Exemplary Creative Minds; Hamlet: Poem Unlimited; Where Shall Wisdom be Found; and Jesus and Yahweh: The Names Divine. In 1999, Professor Bloom received the prestigious American Academy of Arts and Letters Gold Medal for Criticism. He has also received the International Prize of Catalonia, the Alfonso Reyes Prize of Mexico, and the Hans Christian Andersen Bicentennial Prize of Denmark.
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteindex
- Edited byProf. Harold Bloom
- Volume editorPamela Loos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.