All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwelve of the greatest voices from ancient Greece and Rome - and why they still inspire and affect us in the 21st century. A book for all readers who want to know more about the literature that underpins Western civilization.
- Author BiographyChristopher Pelling is Regius Professor of Greek at the University of Oxford. He has worked and published extensively on Classical Greek historiography and biography. Among his numerous publications are Literary Texts and the Greek Historian (2000) and Plutarch and History: Eighteen Studies (2002). Maria Wyke is Professor of Latin at University College London. She has written extensively on Roman love poetry (collected in The Roman Mistress: Ancient and Modern Representations, 2002), on Julius Caesar (Caesar: A Life in Western Culture, 2007, and Caesar in the USA, 2012), and on ancient Rome in cinema (Projecting the Past: Ancient Rome, Cinema and History, 1997).
- Author(s)Christopher Pelling,Maria Wyke
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight348 g
- Width133 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.