All listings for this product
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.06Trending at £7.36
- £13.09Trending at £17.10
- £11.02Trending at £11.27
- £7.90Trending at £12.08
- £3.59Trending at £3.79
- £7.45Trending at £12.02
- £3.59Trending at £6.30
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the condition of public authority in Africa, Twilight Institutions investigates how, when confronted with state failure, public institutions attempt to gain authority; operating in the twilight between state and society, between public and private.
- Author BiographyChristian Lund is Professor in International Development Studies at Roskilde University, Denmark. He has conducted specialized research on socio-legal processes of conflict and their relationship to policy and politics, institutional arrangements of property, and natural resources management. He has gained extensive field experience while working in Niger, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Senegal. He is the author of Law, Power and Politics in Niger - Land Struggles and the Rural Code, 1998, and the co-editor of Negotiating Property in Africa, 2002.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleDevelopment and Change Special Issues
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byChristian Lund
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.