Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines and explains the racial attitudes and behaviors exhibited by whites in private settings. This book draws upon 626 journals of racial events kept by white college students at 28 colleges in the United States. It seeks to comprehend how whites think in racial terms by analyzing their reported racial events.
- Author BiographyJoe R. Feagin is professor in the facutly of arts at Texas A & M and author of numerous books, including White Racism and Systemic Racism. Dr. Leslie Houts Picca is assistant professor of sociology at the University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio. She received her Ph.D. in sociology and womena (TM)s studies and gender research graduate certificate from the University of Florida. Dr. Piccaa (TM)s areas of special interest are race and ethnicities, structures of privilege (especially whiteness), and the sociology of sexualities. In early 2007, she added her expertise to a vigorous national discussion of racism among white college students, and was quoted in more than 160 media outlets. Dr. Picca has been interviewed by the Associated Press, Inside Higher Education and CNN's Paula Zahn, among others, about racism.
- Author(s)Joe Feagin,Leslie Picca
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £14.56Trending at £16.91
- £20.36Trending at £22.94
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.