All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover a fun new hobby with helpful possibilities Get directions, talk to folks overseas, or find out whether the fish are biting Want to check out the morning news in London, help out in emergencies, or tune in to the big race? Two-way radios open up a world of possibilities - literally.
- Author BiographyH. Ward Silver has experienced a 20-year career as an electrical engineer developing instrumentation and medical electronics. He also spent 8 years in broadcasting, both programming and engineering. In 2000, he turned to teaching and writing as a second career, producing Ham Radios For Dummies in 2004. He supports Seattle University s Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in laboratory instruction. He is an avid Amateur Radio operator, Extra Class, first licensed in 1972. Each month, his columns and articles can be found in the national ham radio magazine, QST, published by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL). He is the author of the ARRL s online courses in Antenna Design and Construction, Analog Electronics, and Digital Electronics. When not in front of a computer screen, you will find him working on his mandolin technique and compositions.
- Author(s)H. Ward Silver
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight718 g
- Width196 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- and_west05 Jul, 2017by
SCANNERS FOR DUMMIES
very good for beginners ,some helpful tips.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £21.95
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.