Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionOcean-going U-boats, each one not much longer than four European articulated trucks with up to 60 men inside them, sailed the far-off seas to reap havoc in inhospitable waters. The book is based on previously unpublished documents from the German U-boat Museum, many of them written during or shortly after the war by men who survived the conflict.
- Author BiographyJak P. Mallmann Showell's first book (U-boats Under the Swastika) is one of the longest selling naval books in Germany and his second (The German Navy in World War Two) was named as one of the outstanding books of the year by the United States Naval Institute. His research is based exclusively on original documents such as logs, personal accounts written shortly after the events and interviews. His reviewers have named him as being 'the respected authority'. Jak has been awarded the Silver U-boat Badge by the German Submariners' Association in Munich. He has also presented lectures at special Battle of the Atlantic weekends and has helped with the production of TV and radio programmes.
- Author(s)Showell Jak P. Mallmann
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note50 black and white photographs
- Weight630 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.