All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUganda Travel Guide - Holiday travel advice and tips featuring Kampala highlights, gorilla tracking, accommodation and homestays, ancient history and local culture. This guide includes detailed tourist information and operators, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Murchison Falls, Ishasha Plains, Nile rafting, trekking, safaris and walking tours.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs first backpacked around Uganda in 1988, two years after the end of the civil war, when access to the Impenetrable Forest (now Bwindi Impenetrable National Park) was limited to a twice-weekly tractor-and-trailer, and gorilla tracking cost the princely sum of US$1. He returned to the country in 1992 to research the first edition of the Bradt Guide to Uganda and has since revisited it on numerous occasions, both to update the Bradt Guide and as a tour leader. Uganda aside, Philip has written and co-authored numerous Bradt guides to other African destinations, and he has contributed to many other books, travel and wildlife magazines. Contributor to this edition Andrew Roberts has lived and worked in Uganda since 1993. He has worked with Uganda Wildlife Authority on tourism and conservation projects in all ten of the country's national parks. As the creator of the Uganda Maps series that shows the parks, reserves and other tourism sites, Andrew is constantly up to date with tourism developments in Uganda.
- Author(s)Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication05/11/2016
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight544 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £12.06Trending at £15.18
- £10.75Trending at £12.26
- £3.99Trending at £6.98
- £11.33Trending at £14.48
- £9.97Trending at £10.99
- £4.63Trending at £5.98
- £11.51Trending at £11.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.