All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Tessa Morrison
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 30 colour and 56 b&w illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Foreword, Michael J. Ostwald; Preface; Introduction. Part I Utopian Cities of the Renaissance: From the Ideal City for Craft Guilds to the Mixed Agrarian and Trade Society: Filarete - Sforzinda; Albrecht Durer - fortified Utopia; Tommaso Campanella - the City of the Sun; Johann Valentin Andreae - Christianopolis. Part II Utopian Cities of the Industrial Revolution: From an Agrarian Society to Cooperative and Industrial Cities: Joseph Michael Gandy - an agricultural village; Robert Owen - Villages of Unity and Cooperation; James Silk Buckingham - Victoria; Robert Pemberton - Queen Victoria Town; King Camp Gillette - Metropolis; Bradford Peck - The World a Department Store; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyDr Tessa Morrison is a senior lecturer at the University of Newcastle, Australia. Her research is multi-disciplinary and incorporates philosophy, mathematics, and the history of architecture along with 3-D computer graphical analysis. She has continued to develop a reputation in the area of architectural history and has a sustained and long term research program with international outputs. Over the last few years she has specialised in seventeenth and eighteenth century studies in architectural history and the history of ideas, including a translation and commentary of Isaac Newton's reconstruction manuscript on Solomon's Temple published in Isaac Newton's Temple of Solomon and his Reconstruction of Sacred Architecture. Her current research is on architects and cities from sixteenth to the nineteenth century that have never been built but have had significant influence through the centuries.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £21.99Trending at £26.90
- £22.69Trending at £24.69
- £14.49Trending at £14.99
- £25.15Trending at £26.91
- £9.49Trending at £10.49
- £18.64Trending at £19.99
- £13.33Trending at £14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.