All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.40
- £16.63Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
- £13.31Trending at £17.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis warm and humorous memoir of the nineteenth-century Bluegrass recalls a special moment in Kentucky's past. It was a time of self-sufficient country estates; a time when, as Thomas D Clark writes in his introduction, every Bluegrass farm gate was the entryway into a ruggedly independent domain. Wildwood was such a domain, ruled by Uncle Will.
- Author BiographyFrances Jewell McVey (1889-1945) was the wife of University of Kentucky president Frank LeRond McVey. Her brother Robert Berry Jewell (1896-1986) was a well-known Kentucky farmer and horseman. Will Goddard was their mother's great-uncle.
- Author(s)Frances Jewell McVey,Robert Berry Jewell
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note33 illustrations
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert James Foose
- Introduction byThomas D. Clark
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.