All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its honest, funny and exciting reflections on life in wartime Britain to the vivid, compelling, sometimes poignant recollections of his time as a POW, UNDER THE WIRE is more than just another memoir. It stands as a tribute to the bravery and resolve, not only of Bill Ash, but of an entire generation
- Author BiographyBorn in Texas in 1917, WILLIAM ASH joined the Royal Canadian Air Force in 1939. Posted to England, he became a distinguished Spitfire pilot. He was shot down in 1942, became a POW and serial escape artist. Awarded an MBE for his wartime exploits, he studied at Oxford, worked for the BBC in India and subsequently as senior producer at BBC Radio Drama. A past president of the Writers' Guild and also a playwright, Bill Ash lives in London. His co-writer, BRENDAN FOLEY, is an award-winning journalist and a screenwriter. He first met William Ash in the 1980s and has long been enthralled by his story.
- Author(s)Brendan Foley,William Ash
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date10/07/2008
- Content NoteIllustrations, map, ports.
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.52Trending at £12.82
- £8.61Trending at £8.87
- £5.50Trending at £9.09
- £8.54Trending at £9.95
- £2.81Trending at £3.61
- £10.12Trending at £12.98
- £18.79Trending at £24.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.