Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an understanding of community sentences in relation to policy, practice and research. This book examines the role and function of community sentences, and how they challenge the framework of thinking about punishment in the criminal justice system.
- Author BiographyProfessor Peter Raynor is the author of Social Work, Justice and Control which was one of the most widely used general texts on Probation of the 1980s, and of Probation as an Alternative to Custody which was one of the first UK studies to demonstrate the effectiveness of probation programmes. He is professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice in the School of International Development and Social Science at the University of Wales, Swansea. Dr Maurice Vanstone is the co-author of Betrayal of Trust, a widely discussed study of professionals who abuse children, and co-author of Beyond Offending Behaviour. During a long career in the Probation Service he directed an experimental day centre and also managed an area research programme. He is now senior lecturer in Criminology and Criminal Justice in the School of International Development and Social Science at the University of Wales, Swansea.
- Author(s)John Raynor,Maurice Vanstone,Professor Peter Raynor
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Criminology
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight268 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Foreword byMike Maguire
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.