Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £7.19Trending at £7.34
- £16.31Trending at £18.49
- £26.54Trending at £36.95
- £5.99Trending at £9.99
- £6.95Trending at £10.99
- £12.00Trending at £18.84
- £7.64Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains how to interpret flying weather by looking at the causes and effects of atmospheric phenomena, including air masses, high and low pressure areas, cloud formation, fronts, thermals, inversions and anti-cyclones. The appendix includes revision questions and answers.
- Author BiographyDerek Piggott MBE spent 30 years as the Chief Instructor at the Lasham Gliding Centre, and has, over the years, introduced thousands of people to the joys of silent flight. He is a keen instructor and continues to be an active competitor in gliding competitions.
- Author(s)Derek Piggott
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/06/1996
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleFlying and Gliding
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/05/2009
- Content Note40 b&w line drawings, 15 b&w photographs, index
- Weight180 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.