Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £23.99
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Japanese Woodblock-Printed Illustrated Books provides guidance for scholars, collectors, curators and librarians on evaluating, describing and cataloguing books of the Edo and Meiji periods (1603 1912). Its aim is to enhance access to and appreciation of these remarkable books.
- Author BiographySuzuki Jun, Ph.D, (1997) is Honorary Professor in National Institute of Japanese Literature. He is the co-editor of Ehon in the Edo Period: A Splendid World of Interwoven Image and Text (2010) as well as articles on Edo-period literary and illustrated books. Ellis Tinios, Ph.D. (1988) is Honorary Lecturer in History, University of Leeds. He is the author of Japanese Prints: Ukiyo-e in Edo, 1700-1900 (2011) as well as articles on Edo-period prints and books.
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Pagination172 pp
- Edited byEllis Tinios,Jun Suzuki
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.