All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable introduction for all students and researchers of management confronting a new research project. Understanding Management Research provides an overview of the principal epistemological debates in social science and how these lead to and are expressed in different ways of conceiving and undertaking organizational research.
- Author BiographyIn recent years Phil has participated in the generation and management of over GBP420, 000 of research funding, over GBP330,000 of which was provided by EPSRC and ESRC. Involved in much of this research have been local public and private sector organizations as sponsors of research and as research sites for both data collection and for change-management interventions. This research has concerned a range of issues including: management control; corporate governance; contractor-client relations; evolving management roles. Recently Phil has engaged in ESRC sponsored research into Benchmarking Good Practice in Qualitative Management Research which is part of the ESRC Research Methodology Programme. Currently Phil is a referee for a number of academic journals and reviews book proposals for several major academic publishers. He has also been a guest editor for the journal Management Decision and has recently been appointed as Associate Editor for a new international journal, Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management. Phil's education includes: BA (Hons) Sociology (Sheffield); MSc Organization Development (CNAA); MSc Advance Educational and Social Research Methods (Open University); PhD Management and Organization (CNAA). Jo is a Reader in Organization Studies. She has previously worked at Heriot Watt University, Sheffield University, Leeds University and Sheffield Hallam University. Jo has taught OB, HRM and change management to postgraduate and undergraduate students. She has supervised 6 PhDs to completion and is currently supervising 2 PhD students.
- Author(s)Joanne Duberley,Phil Johnson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2000
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £20.41
- £35.00Trending at £67.49
- £5.96Trending at £6.07
- £7.50Trending at £7.69
- £5.22Trending at £8.99
- £6.16Trending at £6.99
- £13.11Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.