All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential guide for teaching children aged 3-7, developing knowledge of key mathematical ideas and concepts in the nursery and primary classroom.
- Author BiographyDerek Haylock is an education consultant and writer in the field of mathematics education. He is a Senior Fellow in Education at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, where he worked for over 30 years in primary teacher training and in education research. He is a major author in education, with a large number of published books and chapters in books. His best-selling Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers (Sage) has been the leader in the field for many years, with a fourth edition published in 2010. Derek's work is characterized by a commitment to explain mathematics in simple and accessible ways and to enable the subject to be taught and learnt with understanding and confidence. He is married, with two grown-up daughters and three grandsons. Outside of mathematics, he is a Free Church elder, plays the trumpet, and is passionate about classical music, cricket, walking (quickly) and cycling (slowly). Derek Haylock has a website at: http://derek-haylock.blogspot.com/ Anne D. Cockburn is a Professor Emeritus in Early Years Education at the University of East Anglia (UEA). She was educated in Edinburgh before reading Psychology at the University of St Andrews. Subsequently, she trained to be a primary teacher and taught in Scotland. In 1979, she became a Research Fellow at the University of Lancaster, working with Neville Bennett and Charles Desforges. Her PhD was completed in 1986 at the UEA. Following a period of working as a researcher, she took up her first lectureship at UEA in 1989. She became an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society in 1994. Initially Anne's teaching focused on pre-service teacher education (BA and PGCE), gradually extending to in-service courses (BPhil and MA) and research (PhD and EdD). Throughout, she continued with her own research, with many of the catalysts for her investigations stemming from the needs and interests of professional practitioners and those with whom they work. More recently, she also started working with MA counselling students. Anne has examined doctoral theses, undergraduate and postgraduate courses at universities across the United Kingdom, Australia and Norway. She was a member of the Economic and Social Research Council Board of Examiners for studentships (2002-2005).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2017
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight680 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnne Cockburn,Derek Haylock
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.24Trending at £25.00
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.21
- £23.75Trending at £34.99
- £10.09Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.