All listings for this product
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £3.99Trending at £4.49
- £5.27Trending at £6.99
- £6.49Trending at £8.18
- £9.96Trending at £10.97
- £6.59Trending at £7.99
- £24.89Trending at £26.59
- £9.97Trending at £10.94
About this product
- DescriptionProvides students with both an explanatory and a descriptive basis for the processes and products of motor development. Covering the entire life span, this text focuses on the phases of motor development and provides a solid introduction to the biological, affective, cognitive, and behavioral aspects within each developmental stage.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Gallahue is Dean of the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) and Professor of Kinesiology at Indiana University. He received his BS degree from Indiana University, MS degree from Purdue University, and EdD degree from Temple University. Dr. Gallahue is active in the applied study of motor development and movement skill learning of children in physical activity and sport settings. He is the author of numerous textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles. His work has been translated into Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Greek. Dr. Gallahue has been a Visiting Professor, Guest Lecturer, and Keynote Speaker on over 200 occasions at universities and professional conferences in 18 countries. He is a past-president of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) and past-chair of the Council on Physical Education for Children (COPEC) and the Motor Development Academy. He is an elected member of both the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education (AAKPE) and the North American Society for HPER.SD. He received the Healthy American Fitness Award, and is currently International Vice President for both the Asian Council on Exercise and Sport Science (ACESS) and the International Society for the Study of Children (SIEC). Gallahue has served as a consultant to two governing bodies of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USA Gymnastics & USA Skiing), the National Institute for Fitness and Sport (NIFS), and several school districts. He has been recognized nationally and internationally for scholarship and leadership focused on children and youth and has received Honorary Professorships at Beijing Sports University and Chengdu Sports University, both in China.
- Author(s)David L. Gallahue,Jacqueline D. Goodway,John C. Ozmun
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight898 g
- Width193 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.