Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.96
- £7.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.61Trending at £8.80
About this product
- DescriptionIn this timely book, Marranci critically surveys the available theories on Islamic fundamentalism and extremism. Rejecting essentialism and cultural reductionism, the book suggests that identity and emotion play an essential role in the phenomenon that has been called fundamentalism.
- Author BiographyGABRIELE MARRANCI is Associate Professor in the Anthropology of Islam, College of Humanities and Languages at the University of Western Sydney, Australia. He is the founding editor of the journal Contemporary Islam: Dynamics of Muslim Life, and the book series (with Prof. Turner) Muslims in Global Societies. He is the author of Jihad Beyond Islam and The Anthropology of Islam.
- Author(s)Gabriele Marranci
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight387 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.