All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an overview of effective approaches to the school-friendly subject of Personal Social and Health Education in secondary education.
- Author BiographyDr Jenny McWhirter is a freelance researcher and author who has been interested in the health and well being of children and young people since working as a part time youth worker in the 1980s. She has been researching effective approaches to PSHE education for more than 25 years. At Southampton University she managed an MSc in Health Education with Health Promotion and developed a special study in PSHE and Citizenship for the secondary PGCE programme. Her research includes many aspects of PSHE education, including personal finance, asthma and drug education. After leaving academia in 2003, Jenny worked for DrugScope and, later RoSPA, as an education advisor. Jenny has been chair of the Drug Education Forum and the Drug Education Practitioners' Forum. She was a member of the NICE Programme Development Group 'Strategies to prevent unintentional injuries among the under 15s'. Jenny's current research includes effective responses to drug and alcohol hidden harm. Starting his career as an art and mathematics teacher working in both primary and secondary schools in north London, Nick Boddington joined the Advisory Service where he specialised in the teaching of sensitive issues including SRE, HIV, bullying and drug education. One of the first Ofsted Inspectors to be trained, he left the Advisory Service as Lead Senior Adviser for Children's Wellbeing for Essex to take up his current position as Subject Lead with the national PSHE Association. Nick is committed to a model of PSHE that places children's individual and unique understanding of their world and their own enquiry at the centre of learning. He is co-author of a number of Government documents, academic texts and teaching resources committed to improving the quality of PSHE education. He has spent over 25 years championing the importance of placing high quality PSHE at the centre of the school curriculum.
- Author(s)Jenny Barksfield,Jenny McWhirter,Nick Boddington
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.