All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Traditional Stories is a photocopiable teacher resource book containing a range of fairy tales, fables and folktales from around the world. It will help teachers to address the requirements of the September 2014 National Curriculum whereby Key Stage 1 pupils are required to become 'very familiar with key stories, fairy stories and traditional tales, retelling them and considering their particular characteristics.' The traditional tales are accompanied photocopiable activities, focusing on developing comprehension and reading skills. These activities will help prepare pupils for their Year 2 tests in which they are required to demonstrate that they not only have the ability to decode words and retrieve information, but also that they are able to use skills such as inference, deduction and state their opinion of a text. Many of the suggested follow up activities link to PSHE and to other areas of the curriculum such as science. The speaking and listening activities for each story support the expectations of the new curriculum, which places a heavy emphasis on Key Stage 1 children being encouraged to develop these skills.
- Author BiographyKaren Moncrieffe is an experienced primary school teacher and a former literacy co-ordinator. She currently teaches in Birmingham. Karen has produced a variety of resources for teachers to use to develop their pupils' reading and writing skills. She loves both writing and teaching, and is passionate about helping pupils to develop a love of literacy. Visit her website www.primarytexts.co.uk.
- Author(s)Karen Moncrieffe
- PublisherBrilliant Publications
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBedfordshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrilliant Publications
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £0.99Trending at £1.09
- £38.60Trending at £51.99
- £29.99Trending at £30.40
- £7.66Trending at £8.99
- £7.79Trending at £9.99
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £18.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.