CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionRevised edition of the authors' White-collar crime: an opportunity perspective, published in 2009.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Benson is Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Cincinnati. He is a past President of the White-Collar Crime Research Consortium. He has published extensively in the areas of white-collar crime, intimate partner violence, and life course criminology. With Francis T. Cullen, he authored Combating Corporate Crime: Local Prosecutors at Work, which received the Outstanding Scholarship Award in 2000 from the Crime and Delinquency Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. The second edition of his book Crime and the Life Course: An Introduction was published in 2013 by Routledge. He is currently working on a book on emotions, choice and crime. Sally S. Simpson is Director of the Center for the Study of Business Ethics, Regulation, and Crime (C-BERC) and Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of Maryland, College Park. She is the Principal Investigator (with Peter C. Yeager, Boston University) on a Bureau of Justice Statistics grant to build a federal white-collar offending statistical series and is working with Mark Cohen (Vanderbilt University) and colleague Tom Loughran on project funded by the National Institute of Justice to study the public willingness to pay for white-collar crime control. She has authored/edited 5 books and over 70 articles, chapters, and reports-many on the subject of white-collar/corporate crime. In 2013, Simpson was awarded the Gilbert Geis Lifetime Achievement Award by the White-Collar Crime Research Consortium. She is a Fellow of the American Society of Criminology and, in 2008, was named Distinguished Scholar by the Division on Women and Crime, American Society of Criminology. Simpson has served as President of the Association of Doctoral Programs in Criminology and Criminal Justice, is former Chair of the Crime, Law, and Deviance Section of the American Sociological Association and past President of the White-Collar Crime Research Consortium. Recipient of the Herbert Bloch Award from the American Society of Criminology, in 2010 Simpson was named Woman of the Year by the President's Commission on Women's Issues at the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Michael L. Benson,Sally S. Simpson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCriminology and Justice Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.