All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis cutting--edge, multi--disciplinary analysis looks ahead to the direction which urban studies is likely to take during the twenty--first century.
- Author BiographyJohn Eade is Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at the University of Surrey, Roehampton. He undertook research in Calcutta before completing his doctorate on Bangladeshi community politics in Londona s East End. He directed the Wandsworth local/global study and his previous publications include The Politics of Community (1989), Living the Global City (1997), and Placing London (2000). He is currently directing a research project on Methodists in the global city and collaborating on an ESRC--funded program on links between Britain and Bangladesh. Christopher Mele is Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He is the author of Selling the Lower East Side: Culture, Real Estate, and Resistance in New York City (2000). His current research is a study of the influence of historical patterns of race and class upon contemporary urban growth and development along the southeastern coast of the United States.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2002
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Urban and Social Change
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note5
- Weight638 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristopher Mele,John Eade
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.