Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £8.39Trending at £8.60
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £8.88Trending at £9.58
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £6.98Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses how the use of some election rules embedded in the US Constitution and in the Presidential Succession Act may cause skewed or weird election outcomes and election stalemates. This book argues that the act may not cover some rare though possible situations which the Twentieth Amendment authorizes Congress to address.
- Author BiographyAlexander S. Belenky is the author of books and scientific articles in the fields of optimization and game theory and their applications in transportation, industry, agriculture, environmental protection, advertising, brokerage, auctioning, and U.S. presidential elections. He is the author of Operations Research in Transportation Systems: Ideas and Schemes of Optimization Methods for Strategic Planning and Operations Management-published by Kluwer Academic Publishers in 1998 and republished by Springer in 2010-which has been adopted by many leading American Universities. Also, he is the author of the books Extreme Outcomes of US Presidential Elections (2003), Winning the US Presidency: Rules of the Game and Playing by the Rules (2004), and How America Chooses Its Presidents (2007, 2009). He was an invited guest on radio and TV talk shows throughout the country in the course of the 2004 election campaign, and he was the invited Guest Editor of Mathematical Modeling of Voting Systems and Elections: Theory and Applications, a special edition of Mathematical and Computer Modelling (2008), Currently, Alexander S. Belenky is a tenured professor at the Department of Mathematics for Economics and a leading scientist at the Decision Choice and Analysis Laboratory at the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia, and a visiting scholar at the MIT Center for Engineering Systems Fundamentals. He holds a Ph.D. degree in systems analysis and mathematics and a D.Sc. degree in applications of mathematical methods. His opinion pieces about voting systems have appeared in The Baltimore Sun, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Plain Dealer, Providence Journal and in other newspapers.
- Author(s)Alexander S. Belenky
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight799 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.