All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.00Trending at £31.80
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £20.65Trending at £21.58
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
About this product
- Author(s)Richard L. Daft
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Weight1185 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement11th edition
- Table Of ContentsPART 1 INTRODUCTION TO ORGANIZATION THEORY AND DESIGN. 1. Introduction to Organizations. PART 2 ORGANIZATIONAL STRATEGY AND STRUCTURE. 2. The Arrangement of Reporting Relationships. 3. Strategy and Effectiveness. PART 3 EXTERNAL FACTORS AND DESIGN. 4. Relationships Between Organizations. 5. Global Organization Design. 6. The Impact of Environment. PART 4 MANAGING ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESSES. 7. Organizational Conflict and Politics. 8. Organizational Decision-Making. 9. Corporate Culture and Values. 10. Organizational Innovation. PART 5 INTERNAL FACTORS AND DESIGN. 11. Information and Control Processes. 12. Organization Size and Life Cycle. 13. Workplace Technology and Design.
- Author BiographyRichard L. Daft, Ph.D., is the Brownlee O. Currey, Jr. Professor of Management and Principal Senior Lecturer in the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, where he specializes in the study of leadership and organization theory. Dr. Daft is a fellow of the Academy of Management and has served on the editorial boards of Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, and Journal of Management Education. He was associate editor-in-chief of Organization Science and associate editor of Administrative Science Quarterly. Dr. Daft has authored or co-authored 13 books, including The Executive and the Elephant, Organization Theory and Design, and Management. He also has authored dozens of scholarly articles, papers, and chapters, and he has published in the Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management; Accounting, Organizations and Society, Management Science, MIS Quarterly, and Organizational Behavior Teaching Review. Dr. Daft has received several government research grants in organization design, organizational innovation and change, strategy implementation, and organizational information processing. An active teacher and respected consultant, Dr. Daft has served as associate dean and helped manage a start-up enterprise. He has been involved in management development and consulting for numerous organizations, including the American Banking Association, AutoZone, Bridgestone, Vulcan Materials, TVA, Pratt & Whitney, Allstate Insurance, State Farm Insurance, the United States Air Force, the U.S. Army, Central Parking System, USAA, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.