Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll of the matter of the universe was concentrated at a single point, with temperatures so high that even the familiar protons and neutrons of atoms did not yet exist, but rather were replaced by a swirling maelstrom of energy, matter and antimatter. This book explains the world of quarks and leptons and the forces that govern their behavior.
- Author BiographyDon Lincoln is an experimental physicist on the scientific staff of Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, the world's premier particle physics laboratory. Born in 1964, he received his PhD in 1993 from Rice University, where he was the Lodieska Stockbridge Vaughn Fellow. He then moved to the University of Michigan as a Research Fellow, where he joined the DA experiment, one of two large international collaborations where the highest-energy research is performed. In 1998, he joined the Fermilab scientific staff. During his tenure at DA , he has been responsible for a number of multi-million-dollar and very high-tech projects. It was during this time that the DA experiment (along with its sister experiment) announced the exciting discovery of the top quark. A prolific author, Don has coauthored over 120 scientific papers in prestigious journals. Don has a passion for public speaking and conveying the meaning of cutting-edge physics research to various audiences. While he has delivered scientific lectures on three continents and in many countries, he has also given over 100 talks to a wide range of audiences, including nonphysicist collegiates, teachers, children of all ages, and many adult groups. He is as comfortable speaking to an audience of hundreds as he is to an audience of one. He is heavily involved with the Fermilab Education and Public Outreach programs and feels that it is the duty of any practising scientist to share the excitement of their research with others.
- Author(s)Don Lincoln,Donald Lincoln
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Pagination567 pp
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £40.93
- £20.00Trending at £36.27
- £46.55Trending at £57.77
- £29.96Trending at £35.99
- £25.67Trending at £29.95
- £27.26Trending at £29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.