All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author is a literary rarity: at once critically acclaimed as one of the most important poets in the Arabic language, and beloved as the voice of his people. A legend in Palestine, his lyrics are sung by fieldworkers and schoolchildren. This collection spans his entire career, nearly four decades, revealing a range of expression and form.
- Author BiographyMahmoud Darwish (1941 - 2008) was the author of over thirty books of poems, including Memory for Forgetfulness: August, Beirut, 1982 (California, 1995), The Adam of Two Edens (2001), and Psalms (1994). He received the 2001 Prize for Cultural Freedom from the Lannan Foundation. Munir Akash is a founding editor of Jusoor, The Arab American Journal of Cultural Exchange, and coeditor of The Adam of Two Edens (2001) and Post Gibran: Anthropology of New Arab American Writing (2000). Carolyn Forche is Professor of English at George Mason University and author of The Angel of History (1994). Sinan Antoon is coeditor of Arab Studies Journal. Amira El-Zein is the author of Bedouin of Hell (1992) and The Book of Palm Trees (1973). Fady Joudah is a prize-winning poet, translator, and physician. He is the author of The Earth in the Attic (2008) and Alight (2013), and the translator of two volumes of Mahmoud Darwish's poetry, The Butterfly's Burden (2007) and If I Were Another (2009).
- Author(s)Mahmoud Darwish
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2013
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight45 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAmira El-Zein,Sinan Antoon
- Translated byCarolyn Forche,Munir Akash
- Foreword byFady Joudah
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.92
- £8.20Trending at £10.35
- £9.51Trending at £10.11
- £10.43Trending at £11.80
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.08Trending at £10.46
- £5.21Trending at £5.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.