All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.85
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe first seagoing ironclad was the USS Monitor, first introduced during the American Civil War. Its profile has made it one of the most easily recognized warships of all time. This title covers the design, development and operational history of the Union's Monitor fleet.
- Author BiographyAngus Konstam is an experienced Osprey author with over 10 titles in print. He has long been associated with the sea, having served in the Royal Navy, practised underwater archaeology and curated a maritime mueseum. His understanding of the subject is based on years of study of maritime history, and intimate knowledge of the leading maritime museums on both sides of the Atlantic. Tony Bryan is a freelance illustrator of many years experience after initially qualifying in Engineering and working for a number of years in Military Research and Development. Tony has a keen interest in military hardware - armour, small arms, aircraft and ships - and has produced many illustrations for partworks, magazines and books, including a number of titles in the New Vanguard series.
- Author(s)Angus Konstam
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2002
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 45
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note47 b&w and colour illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight180 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.