Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text records the problems given for the first 15 annual undergraduate mathematics competitions, held in March each year since 2001 at the University of Toronto.
- Author BiographyEd Barbeau is professor emeritus at the University of Toronto. Dr. Barbeau is a life member of the MAA, the AMS, and the CMS, and has served all three societies on various committees, particularly having to do with mathematics education. He has published a number of books directed to students of mathematics and their teachers, including Polynomials (Springer), Pell's Equation (Springer). Ed Barbeau has frequently given talks and workshops at professional meetings and in schools, has worked with high school students preparing for Olympiad competitions and has on five occasions accompanied the Canadian team to the International Mathematical Olympiad. He is currently associate editor in charge of the Fallacies, Flaws and Flimflam column in the College Mathematics Journal and education editor for the Notes of the Canadian Mathematical Society. He is a former chairman of the Education Committee of the Canadian Mathematical Society. Honors include the Fellowship of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, the David Hilbert Award from the World Federation of National Mathematics Competitions and the Adrien Pouliot Award from the Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Author(s)Edward J. Barbeau
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleProblem Books in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 Tables, color; 1 Illustrations, color; 4 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 207 p. 5 illus., 1 illus. in color.
- Weight496 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.19
- £15.41Trending at £17.08
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.