CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.11
- £21.70Trending at £22.07
- £22.55Trending at £23.39
- £27.19Trending at £29.69
- £21.52Trending at £22.49
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £16.83Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionProvides teachers with specific guidelines to establish an optimal learning environment for teenagers and offers case studies that illustrate how to translate theory into workable classroom practice.
- Author BiographyBarry Corbin, M.Ed., is an educational consultant and part-time lecturer in the School of Education, Acadia University, Nova Scotia, Canada. He is recently retired from the Annapolis Valley Regional School Board, where he served for over 30 years as teacher, school administrator, curriculum and program consultant and staff developer. Barry has also served as consultant and advisor to several Department of Education initiatives for the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. In his last role with the AVRSB, he served as Youth Pathways and Transitions consultant where he was responsible for researching and developing alternate educational programs and pathways for under-achieving high school students. As an independent consultant, he frequently presents at professional development workshops and in-services on such topics as brain-compatible teaching and learning, multiple intelligences and learning styles, differentiated instruction, authentic assessment as well as collaborative/cooperative teaching strategies. His workshops are enthusiastically endorsed by those in attendance because he engages his audiences with many of the interactive strategies he advocates in his writing. Barry holds a Bachelor of Science degree (geology) from Acadia University, a Bachelor of Education from the same institution and a Master of Education in Curriculum Development from St. Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He is the co-author of two high school social studies texts used in Atlantic Canada.
- Author(s)Barry Doran Corbin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.