All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll her life Reta Winters has enjoyed the useful monotony of happiness, with a loving family and growing success as a writer. Then her eldest daughter suddenly withdraws from the world to sit on a street corner, uncommunicative but for a sign around her neck bearing one word, GOODNESS .
- Author BiographyCarol Shields's novels include Larry's Party (1997), winner of the 1998 Orange Prize; The Stone Diaries (1993), winner of the Pulitzer Prize and shortlisted for the Booker Prize; The Republic of Love (1992); Happenstance (1991) and Mary Swann (1990). Dressing Up for the Carnival, a bestselling collection of short stories, was published in 2000, and a previous collection, Various Miracles, was published in 1994. Born and brought up in Chicago, Carol Shields has lived in Canada since 1957. She was the Chancellor of the University of Winnipeg.
- PrizesShortlisted for Orange Prize for Fiction 2003 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2002 and James Tait Black Memorial Prize (Fiction) 2002 and Booker Prize for Fiction 2002.
- Author(s)Carol Shields
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/05/2002
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Weight483 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.90Trending at £7.12
- £2.00Trending at £3.84
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.23
- £2.57Trending at £2.84
- £4.99Trending at £9.73
- £2.50Trending at £3.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.