All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.94Trending at £24.46
- £17.29Trending at £28.05
- £23.56Trending at £39.99
- £11.91Trending at £20.03
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £17.28Trending at £22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis field book shows educators how to improve schools by developing group culture, enhancing facilitators' skills, and equipping groups to resolve complex issues around student learning.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. GARMSTON. Ed.D is an Emeritus Professor of Educational Administration at California State University, Sacramento and Founder of Facilitation Associates located in Sacramento California, Co-Founder of The Center for Cognitive Coaching and the Center for Adaptive Schools, both located in Denver Colorado. Formerly a classroom teacher, principal, director of instruction and acting superintendent, he works as an educational consultant specializing in leadership, learning, personal and organizational development. He has made presentations and conducted workshops for teachers, administrators and staff developers throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East. Bob has practiced meeting management in each of his leadership roles and for thirty years he has taught facilitation skills, presentation skills and group management to educational leaders. He taught meeting management in Copenhagen to supervisors in the World Health Organization. He studied under Michael Doyle and David Strauss, Co- Founders of the Interaction Method of Conducting Meetings. In the 1980's he formed a group in Northern California to study and refine facilitation techniques. For four years he wrote a column on managing meetings from the perspectives of presenters and facilitators for the Journal of Staff Development, a publication of the National Staff Development Council, now Learning Forward. Bob has written and co-authored a number of books including Cognitive Coaching: A Foundation for Renaissance Schools, How to Make Presentations That Teach and Transform, The Adaptive School: A Sourcebook for Collaborative Groups, A Presenter's Fieldbook: A Practical Guide, Unlocking Group Potential for School Improvement and a memoir, I Don't Do That Anymore: A Memoir of Awakening and Resilience. He has been recognized by NSDC for his contributions to staff development. His books have been translated into Arabic, Hebrew and Italian. In addition to educational clients, he has worked with diverse groups including police officers, probation officers, Court and Justice systems, Utilities Districts, The United States Air Force and the World Health Organization. Valerie von Frank has written extensively about education over several decades as a daily newspaper reporter in multiple states covering public schools and, over the last decade, for NSDC publications, including JSD, Tools for Schools, The Learning System, The Learning Principal, and T3. She is a former editor of JSD, worked as a daily newspaper editor, served as communications director in an urban public school district, and was communications director for a Michigan nonprofit school reform organization. She is co-author with Ann Delehant of Making Meetings Work: How to Get Started, Get Going, and Get It Done (Corwin Press, 2007). She is currently NSDC's book editor and a freelance writer and editor.
- Author(s)Robert J. Garmston,Valerie A. Von Frank
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.