All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £12.38Trending at £15.87
- £44.83Trending at £49.48
- £42.58Trending at £45.86
- £16.79Trending at £24.21
- £9.98Trending at £13.73
- £9.45Trending at £9.86
- £5.53Trending at £6.01
About this product
- DescriptionSet at a health insurance company dubbed Acme, this book chronicles how the privatization of the health care system in Puerto Rico transformed the experience of accessing and providing care on the island. Through interviews and participant observation, it explores the everyday contexts in which market reforms were enacted.
- Author BiographyJessica Mulligan is Associate Professor of Health Policy and Management at Providence College. Her current research explores insurance, financial security, and health reform from the perspective of the newly insured and those who continue to lack coverage. She is the author of Unmanageable Care: An Ethnography of Health Care Privatization in Puerto Rico (NYU Press, 2014), as well as multiple journal articles.
- Author(s)Jessica M. Mulligan
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.