All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows that many of our understandings about scientific thought can be corrected once we realize just how unnatural science is. Quoting scientists from Aristotle to Einstein, the book argues that scientific ideas are, with rare exceptions, counter-intuitive and contrary to common sense.
- Author BiographyLewis Wolpert is a distinguished developmental biologist, and is Emeritus Professor in Cell and Developmental Biology at University College, London. He is the author of, among others, The Unnatural Nature of Science and Malignant Sadness, which was described by Anthony Storr as 'the most objective short account of all the various approaches to depression'. His most recent book, You're Looking Very Well: The Surprising Nature of Getting Old, was published in 2011.
- Author(s)Lewis Wolpert
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Interest AgeFrom 0 to 0 years
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £11.30Trending at £12.33
- £6.51Trending at £6.94
- £9.60Trending at £13.18
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £10.75Trending at £13.89
- £10.55Trending at £12.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.