All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaches aspiring game makers the fundamentals of designing a computer game. This book mirrors the curriculum used at CampGame, a six week summer program organized for high school students at The New York University and Arizona State University that has been running successfully for over five years.
- Author BiographyAshish Amresh leads the Computer Gaming curriculum initiatives at the School of Computing and Informatics at Arizona State University. He completed his MS in Computer Science from ASU in 2000, then worked in the video game industry as a graphics engineer programmer, and returned to ASU to work on his doctorate in Computer Science. While working on his doctoral degree, Amresh led the efforts in building the prototype that eventually resulted in the launching of the Decision Theatre at ASU in May 2005. In the same year he was awarded the Graduate College Teaching Excellence Award. Alex Okita is a professional computer game and film generalist with credits on games developed by Wideload Games, Inc., Bungie Software, Secret Level, Inc., Yukes Co, Midway Games and many more. He worked for four years as an Unreal Engine 3 technical director for Black Point Studios and continues to work as an Unreal Contract Artist/Programmer on cutting edge projects for high profile clients. Alex lives and works in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Author(s)Alex Okita,Ashish Amresh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2010
- GenreComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight680 g
- Width235 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.49
- £24.56Trending at £26.48
- £21.47Trending at £22.95
- £18.19Trending at £18.73
- £18.07Trending at £20.98
- £13.43Trending at £19.18
- £14.98Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.