All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of Major Philip Ashby's daring, dramatic escape from war-ravaged Sierra Leone through hostile jungle. He was awarded the Queen's Gallantry medal for his actions.
- Author BiographyNumerous accolades have collected through Phil's life after graduating from Cambridge in 1991. As a Royal Marine, he has been awarded the Commando medal, served as Troop Commander around the globe, served as Captain with The Parachute Regiment in the UK, Norway and Northern Ireland, and as Major, obviously, was posted to Sierra Leone to work with United Nations as a Military Observer. In April 2001 Phil was awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for 'courage, coolness and leadership'. He is about to start a full time Masters' Degree at Royal Military College of Science before attending Staff College in 2002.
- Author(s)Philip Ashby
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/05/2002
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date14/06/2005
- Content Note16pp colour plates
- Weight564 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Revised and Updated to Include New Develop and B
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.