Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £10.99Trending at £19.98
- £18.33Trending at £23.99
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a pioneering exploration of Asian American visual art. This title focuses on works produced during the watershed 1990s, when surging Asian immigration had significantly altered the demographic, cultural, and political contours of Asian America, and a renaissance in Asian American art and visual culture was well underway.
- Author BiographyMargo Machida is Associate Professor of Art History and Asian American Studies at the University of Connecticut. She is a co-editor of Fresh Talk/Daring Gazes: Conversations on Asian American Art, winner of the Association of Asian American Studies' 2005 Cultural Studies Book Award. Machida curated the groundbreaking 1994 Asia Society group exhibition ASIA/AMERICA: Identities in Contemporary Asian American Art. She is a co-founder of the Asian Contemporary Art Consortium and Godzilla: Asian American Art Network (1990-2001).
- Author(s)Margo Machida
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2009
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleObjects/Histories
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note65 color illustrations
- Weight1129 g
- Width178 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.