All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author argues that the long-standing scientific and philosophical deference to reductive explanations founded on simple universal laws, linear causal models, and predict-and-act strategies fails to accommodate the kinds of knowledge that many contemporary sciences are providing about the world.
- Author BiographySandra D. Mitchell is professor in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh and the author of Biological Complexity and Integrative Pluralism.
- Author(s)Sandra D. Mitchell
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note7 halftones
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.79
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £23.68Trending at £25.07
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.