All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.10Trending at £8.91
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £2.70Trending at £2.73
- £8.79Trending at £10.35
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on fieldwork, this book offers a cross-cultural study of transvestism through an examination of transvestites in Britain and the Hijras of India. It tackles the question of whether or not transvestism is motivated primarily by sex or gender, and also challenges the straightforward binary divide that dominates Western theories of gender.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Suthrell is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)Charlotte Suthrell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleDress, Body, Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 32
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight509 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.