All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers the author's flying career from the finish of World War II until his final appointment as CO of the Naval Test Squadron at Boscombe Down. Mike Crosley became involved with the introduction of Britain's first carrier-borne jet aircraft. The book explains how modern techniques, such as the angled flight deck, were developed and tested.
- Author BiographyThe author's first book, They Gave Me a Seafire' related his wartime service. He retired from the Navy at fifty and became a teacher of physics until cataracts forced him to stop. He retired to the Isle of Wight and is now particularly keen on sailing his 27-foot sailing boat from Cowes. He finds it the next best thing to flying.
- Author(s)Commander R. Mike Crosley
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content Note32 mono illustrations in plate section
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- hollinevil09 Aug, 2017by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- niborbee4307 May, 2014by
Interesting,informed and illuminating.
A detailed and comprehensive book about the author's career which is not for the dabbler or skimmer. Aeronautics,engineering and flight theory are covered in some depth which is great for the dedicated but perhaps too technical for the average reader.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.47Trending at £14.99
- £11.68Trending at £11.83
- £13.77Trending at £19.93
- £31.44Trending at £52.00
- £11.27Trending at £18.00
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £9.20Trending at £13.01