Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- DescriptionRe-examining Mary Douglas' work on pollution and concepts of purity, this volume explores modern expressions of these themes in urban areas, examining the intersections of material and cultural pollution. It presents ethnographic case studies from a range of cities affected by globalization processes such as neoliberal urban policies...
- Author BiographyEveline Durr is Professor at the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich. She has conducted fieldwork in Mexico, the USA and Germany, and also in New Zealand while she was Associate Professor at the Auckland University of Technology. Her research focuses on urban anthropology, cultural identities, and representations. Rivke Jaffe is Lecturer at the Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Leiden University. She previously held teaching and research positions at the University of the West Indies and the KITLV. She has conducted fieldwork in Jamaica, Curacao, and Suriname on topics ranging from the urban environment to the political economy of multiculturalism to alternative governance structures.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEnvironmental Anthropology and Ethnobiology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEveline Durr,Rivke Jaffe
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.