CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/03/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number153
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1031 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byA. Lowenthal
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
- Table Of ContentsNew Facets in Urea Cycle Disorders.- Newborn screening for urea cycle disorders.- A new method for screening of hyperammonemia.- Immobilization of multienzymes of urea cyle into fibrin membrane: an approach to an artificial liver.- N-acetylglutamate synthetase (NAGS) deficiency: diagnosis, clinical observations and treatment.- Ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) in white blood cells and jejunal mucosa.- Immunochemical assay in 16 boys with ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency.- Enzymatic analysis of citrullinemia (12 cases) in Japan.- Qualitative abnormality of liver argininosuccinate synthetase in a patient with citrullinemia.- Argininosuccinic aciduria in adult: a clinical, electrophysiological and biochemical study.- First case of argininosuccinic aciduria in Japan: clinical observations and treatment.- Complementation in argininosuccinate synthetase and argininosuccinate lyase deficiencies in human fibroblasts.- Clinical and biochemical findings in argininemia.- Argininemia: report of a new case and mechanisms of orotic aciduria and hyperammonemia.- Therapy of neonatal onset urea cycle enzymopathies (UCE).- to the Session on Secondary and Transient Hyperammonemia.- Hyperammonemia secondary to hereditary organic acidurias: a study of 29 cases.- Neonatal isovaleric acidemia associated with hyperammonemia.- Hyperammonemia in the neonate with hypoxia.- A mechanism for valproate-induced hyperammonemia.- Reduced activity of OTC in the liver of patient with Reye's syndrome.- Spontaneous animal models of ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency studies on serum and urinary nitrogenous metabolites.- Sparse-fur mutation: a model for some human orni-thine transcarbamylase deficiencies.- Regulation of the N-acetylglutamate content of rat hepatocytes by the glutamate concentration.- Enzyme regulation of N-acetylglutamate synthesis in mouse and rat liver.- Acute glucagon treatment in rats fed various protein diets. Effect on N-acetylglutamate concentration.- The relation between the developmental timing of birth and developmental increases in urea cycle enzymes.- Studies on the enzymes of urea cycle intermediates in normal and infarcted myocardial tissue of rat.- Effects of arginine-free meals on ureagenesis in cats.- Dynamism of rat liver ornithine metabolisms in relation to high-protein stimulation of the urea cycle.- Regulation of urea synthesis: changes in the concentration of ornithine in the liver corresponding to changes in urea synthesis.- Synthesis and intracellular transport of mitochondrial carbamylphosphate synthetase I and ornithine transcarbamylase.- Isolation of argininosuccinase from bovine brain: catalytic, physical and chemical properties compared to liver and kidney enzymes.- On the mechanism of the alterations of rat kidney transamidinase activities by diet and hormones.- Sciatectomic stimulation of muscle arginase and its implications.- Enzymes of arginine metabolism in the lizard, calotes versicolor.- Orotic acid in urine and hyperammonemia.- Comparison between amino acids and orotic acid analysis in the detection of urea cycle disorders in the Quebec urinary screening program.- Transient hyperammonemias in infants with and without organic academia.- Mechanism of hyperammonemia in an experimental model of propionic academia.- The study of organic acid metabolism in a patient with ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) deficiency.- Hyperornithinemia, gyrate atrophy and ornithine keto-acid transaminase.- Gyrate atrophy of the choroid and retina (GA): toxic effects of ornithine and long-term therapy with an arginine-restricted diet.- Disease of ornithine-proline pathway: an ?'-pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase deficiency in the retina of retinal degeneration mice.- Toxic effects of ornithine and its related compounds on the retina.- Quantitative determination of guanidino compounds: the excellent preparation of biological samples.- Recommended deproteinizing methods for plasma guanidino compounds analysis by liquid chromatograph
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.