All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £19.99Trending at £27.16
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £39.99Trending at £49.80
- £12.99Trending at £23.00
- £32.80Trending at £49.99
- £8.90Trending at £17.42
- £17.95Trending at £20.27
About this product
- Author(s)Kuriakose Antony Valavanolickal
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/1996
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleStudies in the Religion & History of Early Christianity
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note10 tab.
- Weight520 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Volume editorGerd Ludemann
- Table Of ContentsContents: The terms used to denote the parables in Aphrahat and Ephrem; Matla, Tahwita, Pel'eta, Dmuta, Dumya and Sarba. Their methods of interpretation; interior and exterior or spiritual and historical interpretations - Adaptation of the parables to the needs of the fourth-century Church community - Their use of the Gospel versions - Reading of Aphrahat and Ephrem of uncertain origin - Agreements and divergences between Aphrahat and Ephrem.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Kuriakose Antony Valavanolickal, MCBS, graduated at the University of Bangalore, India and did his higher studies in Patristics at Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Rome. He obtained M. St. in Syriac Studies and D. Phil. from the University of Oxford. At present he is teaching Patrology at St Ephrem's Theological College, Satna, and St Joseph's Pontifical Seminary, Aluva.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.