Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £22.53Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Nancy S. Williams emphasizes the development of higher-level thinking skills and critical discussion with intermediate and middle school struggling readers. Discussion questions and extension activities_specific to over 100 children's literature selections_are included.
- Author BiographyNancy S. Williams is a professor in the School of Education at DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois. She teaches courses in reading and children's literature, and supervises remediation practica in reading and learning disabilities. She has been an art instructor, reading specialist, and learning disabilities resource room teacher in public elementary and secondary schools, and has worked as a learning specialist and cognitive rehabilitation therapist in a hospital setting. She served as program coordinator in a collaborative university-school partnership program preparing career change individuals as teachers and served two years as associate dean in the School of Education. She has published articles about university-school partnerships, literacy, coauthored a book about developing literacy skills through trade books in clinical and classroom settings, and authored a resource book for teachers and another one for parents about how to select and use quality children's literature for students with reading difficulties.
- Author(s)Nancy S. Williams
- Date of Publication28/01/2004
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width164 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.