Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
About this product
- DescriptionIn the light of globalization's failure to provide the universal panacea expected by some of its more enthusiastic proponents, and the current status of neo-liberalism in Europe, a search has begun for alternative visions of the future; alternatives to the free market and to rampant capitalism. This book deals with this topic.
- Author BiographyMichael Hviid Jacobsen is Professor of Sociology at Aalborg University, Denmark, and co-editor of The Sociology of Zygmunt Bauman, Encountering the Everyday, and The Transformation of Modernity. Keith Tester is Professor at The Thesis Eleven Centre for Cultural Sociology at LaTrobe University, Australia and Senior Fellow at the Centrum MyA'li Jana PawA'a II, Warsaw, Poland. He is author of Humanitarianism and Modern Culture, Moral Culture, The Social Thought of Zygmunt Bauman, and Animals and Society.
- Author(s)Professor Keith Tester
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2010
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleClassical and Contemporary Social Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byProfessor Michael Hviid Jacobsen
- Series Edited byDr. Stjepan Mestrovic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.