Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.53Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.47
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- Author(s)Tor Egil Forland
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2017
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Approaches to History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight416 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction Part I: Objectivity, Values, and Theory Choice 1. Participants and Fellow Travelers: The Left, the Soviet Union, and the Fall of Objectivism 2. Court Historian: Matters of Fact 3. Witches Cannot Fly: A Critique of the Notion of Situated Truths 4. In Defense of Objectivity: Facts and Theory Choice in Historiography Part II: Explanation and Causality 5. The Ideal Explanatory Text in History: A Plea for Ecumenism 6. Mentality as a Social Emergent: Can the Zeitgeist Have Explanatory Power? 7. Acts of God?: Miracles and Scientific Explanation 8. Problems of Causation in Historiography
- Author BiographyTor Egil Forland is professor of contemporary history and head of the Department of Archaeology, Conservation and History at the University of Oslo.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.